Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Simple dinner idea


Trish gave me an idea for dinner that is simple and the kids loved.  My parents eat with us most nights.  This makes coming up with meals hard as my dad is a very picky eater.  Although dad says he is not picky, just fix steak and potatoes every night and he would be happy.  Last night I made pizza rolls and even dad liked them.  The girls LOVED them.  These are not the most nutritious but not horrible either. The rolls were fun to make, and cheep, so I will make them again.
 
Pizza rolls are just canned crescent roll dough, and half a cheese stick. 
Then add whatever toppings you want.  Unroll the dough, add the meat half a mozzarella cheese stick and toppings of your choice. 
 Grandma and panda putting their dinner together
Do not add pizza sauce.  Use small amounts of toppings.  Roll up starting at large side, and put on a tinfoil lined baking sheet.

Bake at 350 for 12- 14 minuets and tah dah dinner is served.
Dip the rolls in pizza sauce if you want. :-)  I used Canadian bacon, mushrooms, and olives.  Panda just wanted cheese on one and Canadian bacon and cheese on another. Tiger is big on peperoni so she ate that.  I took some homemade marinara sauce out of the freezer to dip them in.  I think I will make this next time Panda has a friend over for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment