Monday, December 1, 2014

A child's prayer


Yesterday at church Tiger was asked to come to Relief Society (the women's meeting) and share something about prayer.  Her primary (children's) class came into sing the song a child's prayer to us.  After they sang it the Relief Society teacher asked the children if any of them had ever had a prayer answered.  Tiger nodded yes, and the teacher asked if she would share with us.  Tiger is never shy so she shared.

Tiger:  Yesterday when I was cleaning my mouse Jerry's cage, Jerry got loose and ran away.  I tried and tried to catch her.  Then I couldn't find her any more.  I love her so I was so sad, and scared I'd never see her again.  So I said a prayer.  I told Heavenly father I love my mouse, and I was scared she would be hurt.  I said I don't know where she is, but you do, so could you send her back to me.  After a little while my mom came in and yelled at me, cause she went to put her shoe on and there was a mouse in the shoe rack.  She put Jerry back in her cage and told me she'd better never find a mouse in her shoe rack again.  I didn't even mind the yelling, cause I was just glad to have Jerry.  So I said a prayer to say thank you to Heavenly Father, and that's all.

     I was so proud of her!  she was so poised and mature.  She is getting so grown up!  She was not given any notice that she would be asked to share something and was able to do so beautifully.  I didn't even know about the missing mouse, other than knowing the mouse had been loose.  And yes I snapped at her and raised my voice.  No I'm not proud of that, but I am proud of her.  I am proud that she turned to prayer for help and that she saw God's hand in her mouses return.

   





No comments:

Post a Comment