Saturday, November 22, 2014

Kitchen cabinet cleaner 


Many people spring clean, my family has always done fall cleaning.  My dads family always used to join us for Thanksgiving.  That meant that the week before Thanksgiving we went on a cleaning spree. LOL  I teach, and so have the week of Thanksgiving off.  So, each year I deep clean my parents home during this week.  They live right next door, so not a big deal to head over. I wanted to get a head start today.  I decided to start with the cabinets.  Last year I some how missed cleaning the doors, so they really needed cleaning.  
         ICK!
 When I started to get stuff out to clean I realized I was out of wood oil soap.  :-o
This is what I usually use to clean the cabinets.  It is the middle of a snow storm here and I didn't want to drive into town to buy more.  What did we do before the Internet?  I got online and found a post at One Good Thing with a recipe for cabinet door cleaner.


1 part cooking oil

2 parts baking soda


couldn't be easier.  I found it wasn't cleaning as well as I wanted so I added 2 drops of blue dish soap.  It worked very well after that. You smear the paste on the wood with your fingers.


Then rub it off with a damp cloth.  For the crevices I used a toothbrush.  Worked like a charm.   WooHoo I have a new cleaner, and it is way cheep. :-)  I spent most the day cleaning cabinets inside and out. 

Now the girls and I are going to have a movie night. Panda is making brownies, and Tiger is making sugar cookies.  I still have to come up with a treat to contribute.  I am thinking grape and cheese kabobs to balance out some of the sweet. :- )

No comments:

Post a Comment