Wednesday, November 19, 2014

 Documentary on Orphans


As many know, my daughters were adopted from orphanages in China.  The orphans of the world hold a special place in my heart.  Last night I watched a documentary on Netflix Called MotherIndia.
This Documentary shows the life of a group of young orphans living on the streets in India.  My heart broke to see children as young as three years old begging on the streets to survive.  There are over 31 million orphans in India alone.  Only the lucky end up in orphanages.  How I wish I could help them all.  Watching  this show made me want to wake my children up so I could hold them tight.  The story that was hardest for me to hear was the child who got lost on an outing and never found his way home.  Are his parents still searching and hoping to find him?   Most of the children were runaways, abandoned, or truly orphaned.  If you have netflix this is well worth watching.  Off to research charities that help orphans in India


No comments:

Post a Comment