Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Thanksgiving Tree

I saw clever idea on Pinterest a Thanksgiving Tree.
  
      The idea is to hang the tree where the family can see it.  Then as you think of things you are grateful for you write them on a leaf cut out of construction paper and stick it to the tree.  As I am working hard to teach a sense of gratitude to my children, and also to be more grateful myself.  This sounded like a great idea. A few small issues and one larger issue came up.  I didn't have any brown paper to make the bark.  Solved I did have brown paper bags from the grocery store.  I pulled open the seams of the bags, and cut the torn edges I had made so they were strait.  Then I laid them out in a large rectangle and drew a tree on them.  The folds from the bag shape looked awful. :-(  I took the bags and wadded them up, then smoothed them back flat to look more like bark, kind of.  Turned the bags over and taped them all together, making sure the tree I drew on the front all lined up together.  Then I cut the tree out, and using painters tape I taped it on the wall.  On the entry table near the tree I put a basket with construction paper leaves, painters tape, and pencils.  There, all ready to show our gratitude.  Larger issue that came up?   I lack artistic talent. LOL.  Oh well the kids love it and have been putting lots of leaves up. :-)  Panda insisted on labeling it. :-)  Love it!  May be a bit of a crafty fail, but it is a family nailed it!



No comments:

Post a Comment