Thursday, November 20, 2014

Class Turkeys

On the last Friday in school of each month the girls classes have an end of the moth party.  Celebrations are not allowed during the month. So the end of the month party incorporates all  birthdays and holidays in the month.  Every child is welcome to bring treats.  I don't send treats every month, but I do send them Halloween, Christmas, Chinese New Years, and the girls birthdays.  This year I decided to send them for thanksgiving as well.  I wanted  something easy that would look like a lot.  I came up with turkey suckers.  :-)  They were so easy to put together, and came out looking great!  They were made of Tootsie Pops, Hershey's Kisses, and construction paper.  These suckers are simple enough for kids to make/help make.  They would be great as party favors or to decorate the kids table.



1.  Make a pattern for the tail feathers  I free handed a feather shape, but a fan or leaf shape would work too.



2. Next trace the shape a million times  (or however many times needed for the number of turkeys you are making ;-) )

3.  Cut out tail feathers, there the hard part is done.   Note: if you want to make beaks and waddles for the face save the scraps from the tail feathers and trim them to fit.

                                                    Panda doing the hard work for me

4.  Assemble turkey.  Hot glue the tail feathers on one side, the Kiss on the other, and add a face if you want.  I just drew the eyes on the foil. I kind of wish I had bought small googly eyes to glue on.  I used paper scraps to make the beak and waddle.





And now you have a cheap easy turkey to send to school, or decorate the kids table with.

1 comment:

  1. That is adorable and brilliant! Easy enough to do, and the kids can help!

    ReplyDelete