Saturday, November 22, 2014

New Family Member


Here she is getting to know grandma, who loves her.  We are in love with our new puppy and the puppy loves us. :-)  We brought our new baby home yesterday afternoon.  She is a six month old Shih-tzu and very cute.  She was very personable with her old family.  But turned very timid when when we got her home.  She was so sad last night. :-(  We let her out to potty at 8:30 and she would not come back.  We have a fenced yard and she kept running around the fence trying to a way out.  Poor baby.  I spent half an hour coaxing then chasing her, to get her back in.  She slept well and woke up much happier.  She has been playful and cute all morning.  My mom came to meet her and they instantly bonded.  She will not leave my mom as long as my mom is here. LOL.  But when moms not around she prefers Panda so far.  We are enjoying having a dog again.  We lost our beagle last month and have been missing her.

2 comments:

  1. She looks so cuddly! Hopefully she will soon get used to you guys - some dogs take a little longer than others, but a loving home is more often than not all they need to chill out. We were lucky with our pup, he came home with us and immediately fell in love with the dog we already had, and the both of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its great your pup did so well. That helps them train easier too if they want to follow the big dog. I hope Baby will warm up to me soon. She loves my mom (who lives next door) and my daughters. But still shakes when I hold her. Hopefully lots of small treats will help. :-)

    ReplyDelete