Tuesday, December 2, 2014

What we did for Thanksgiving

Yes I know I am way behind. :-)  But I thought Id share a couple of cute pictures from Thanksgiving.  For school that week and for thanksgiving day Panda wore turkey hair. It was super easy.  I used construction paper feathers and glued them together to make a tail and scraps of construction paper to make the beak and waddle then glued it onto a bobby pin.  Googly eyes on booby pins and pipe cleaner legs.  And the cutest turkey ever was ready for school. :-)
The girls helped me get our house and my parents house all cleaned and ready to start the holidays.  Panda and Tiger were an awesome help getting thanksgiving dinner ready.  Panda made the pies.  She made pumpkin, apple and banana cream pies.  I was so proud of her!  The pies were delicious and enjoyed by all.  Tiger who is blind and has cerebral palsy in her hands tends to stick to (physically) simple tasks, she always helps with baking stirring etc.  This year she put her mind to it and decided she was going to take on one of the (physically) harder tasks.  She pealed all the potatoes for me, ten pounds worth. 
She did a great job.  Tiger did struggle a little with aiming the peals at the garbage,
but cleaned up after herself.  :-)
     We had my parents, and my two younger brothers join us for Thanksgiving dinner.  It was wonderful to spend time with everyone!  All four of my brothers live in town so we see everyone on a regular basis. It is still fun to get together and give thanks.  On Sunday we had my older two brothers stop by with their families.  Yeah! So happy to see my family. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment